We ARE LOOKING FOR ARTISTS FOR OUR NEXT RESIDENCY FROM 8 January to 17 January 2018. APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
We've designed an immersive and collaborative experience, which means a detailed agenda is not offered to our participants to encourage presence and spontaneity during the program. Most days will have formal or open "lab-based time" from the morning (9:30) until the end of dinner (21:00).
Your attendance is expected at all sessions and essential to the entire program due to the collaborative nature of this experience. Please do not apply if you are not able to make the full dates of the program: 8 January to 17 January.
Saga Residency provides:
- Accommodation between 8 January - 17 January
- Workspace between 8 January - 17 January
- Local, roundtrip transportation from Reykjavík to Eyrarbakki
- Excursions to nature and inspirational sites
- 10-days of professional facilitation on creative leadership and collaborative art practices
- Limited tools and materials
- Food and beverages from 8 January - 17 January
- 50.000 Icelandic Króna (about $488 USD) for the full 10-day experience. This includes food, housing, excursions, local transport and everything else that is listed above. We will be collecting registration fees before the residency.
- Note: The residency does not include airfare to and from Iceland, or local transit from the airport to Reykjavík out of the program's designated pick-up and drop-off times. If you are arriving before 8 January or staying after 17 January, you must secure your own accommodation.
- Note: We work intentionally with participants to write letters of recommendation for local grants or funding, and for visa purposes. We never want finances or country of origin to be a barrier to participate in our program.
Who Should Apply:
Creative leaders and/or artists from any medium (this could be: builders, architects, writers, designers, sculptors, technologists, painters, dancers, theater performers — and even those not included in this list!) that’s interested in working collaboratively in a dynamic, raw experience in a small town in Iceland.
Applications are closed. Please check back for more information on next year's Residency. If you applied for the January 2018 experience, we'll get back to you very shortly! Please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.